About the Academy
DHIS2 Asia Pacific Conference 2023
The DHIS2 Asia/Pacific Conference is a place for the Asia/Pacific DHIS2 community to meet and share experiences about DHIS2, learn about the latest developments and innovations, and make connections that can lead to new partnerships and collaborations.
This conference will balance both discussion and information sharing as well as learning technical skills through the use of parallel sessions. It is most comparable to a regional version of the DHIS2 Annual Conference hosted yearly in Oslo.
Discussion sessions will include:
- Review of the latest DHIS2 features: Using the latest version of DHIS2, we will provide a background on the latest DHIS2 features and how they can potentially support your DHIS2 implementation.
- Use case discussions: Using planned and live use-cases from the field, use-cases will be discussed and demonstrated in order to provide an overview of current implementation efforts, successes and challenges. Colleagues from development partners and local Ministries will lead these discussions when relevant.
- DHIS2 use for LMIS, onehealth and climate change: While the traditional health program service delivery areas will be discussed, additional sessions on DHIS2 use for logistics, onehealth and climate will be added to this conference.
- Standards based configuration: We will identify the standards based configurations available for implementations as reference and the resources available for you to standardize them within local contexts.
While technical sessions will focus on:
- The development and maintenance of facility profiles: Review how to implement and maintain a reference list of your health facilities including key indicators such as the number of staff on hand, the services offered, etc.
- Building public dashboards: Learn frameworks that allow you to build external, publicly accessible dashboards that retrieve data from DHIS2.
- Interoperability: Review the requirements to set up interoperability between DHIS2 and other systems as well as examples of interoperability that have been set up in the field.
Registration fees are USD 500 and include:
- Training material & conference infrasctructure
- Daily tea & coffee breaks
- Daily lunch breaks
The HISP Asia Hub - Your Facilitation Team
The conference will be hosted and facilitated by the HISP Asia Hub, with an emphasis on experience and solution sharing among countries and to promote networking and collaboration among DHIS2 implementers in the region.
The HISP Asia Hub is a partnership of HISP groups within the region that provide coordinated project support to our partners. This partnership includes the following HISP groups:
Registration fees are USD 500 and include: Training material & conference infrasctructure, Daily tea & coffee breaks and Daily lunch breaks
Fill the following form to register for the academy.
No 25, Galle Face Center Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Prime Location: Taj Samudra Hotel enjoys a prime location in the heart of Colombo, offering guests convenient access to the city's business districts, cultural attractions, and the beautiful Galle Face Green.
- Stunning Ocean Views: Experience breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean from our well-appointed rooms and suites, creating a serene and tranquil ambiance for your stay.
- Luxurious Accommodations: Our hotel boasts a range of elegantly designed rooms and suites, each exuding a blend of contemporary comfort and timeless charm.
- Exceptional Dining: Indulge in a culinary journey at our diverse restaurants, offering a wide range of international and local cuisines, from seafood delights to authentic Sri Lankan flavors.
- Relaxation & Wellness: Unwind at the Jiva Spa, take a dip in the pool, or maintain your fitness routine at our well-equipped fitness center.
- Iconic Heritage: Taj Samudra Hotel boasts a rich heritage and is known for its warm and welcoming hospitality, making every guest feel like royalty.
- Personalized Service: Our attentive and courteous staff are dedicated to providing personalized service to ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable.
- Shopping & Entertainment: Enjoy proximity to shopping malls, nightlife, and entertainment options, making it easy to explore the vibrant city of Colombo.
- Taj InnerCircle Loyalty Program: Join our loyalty program to enjoy exclusive benefits, discounts, and rewards when you stay at Taj Samudra Hotel, Colombo.
Please contact us if you need to arrange accomodation.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Airport and airlines
The largest airport in Sri Lanka is Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB).
SriLankan Airlines is the national flagship carrier operating to and from Colombo-Bandaranayake International Airport.
The airlines that fly to Colombo are listed here: https://www.airport.lk/flight_info/list_of_airlines.php.
With increased air service to Sri Lanka from Europe, the Middle East and Asia, there are many competitive airfares available.
The event organisers will issue support letters, if required, only to those delegates who have registered for the conference.
Immigration and visa
Visitors to Sri Lanka from many countries can obtain visa on arrival after obtaining electronic travel authorization at https://eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ where the applications are approved usually within 24 hours.
The hotel is situated 35km away from the Bandaranaike International Airport. There are several taxi companies offering a fixed fare transportation. Uber and PickMe are app based taxi hailing services in Sri Lanka. One way rate is around $25.
The climate is tropical and warm. Mean temperatures range from 17 °C (62.6 °F) in the central highlands, where frost may occur for several days in the winter, to a maximum of 33 °C (91.4 °F) in other low-altitude areas. Check the lastest weather forecast for November in Colombo on AccuWeather
Sinhala and Tamil languages are both Official and National Languages in Sri Lanka while English is widely used.
230 - 240 volts, 50Hz AC. Power sockets are of type D and G.
Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) - exchange rate as of Dec 2018: 1 USD = 318 LKR
Banking and ATM
ATMs are located in many places (especially at bank branches) in the cities and suburbs, less so in the countryside. You can withdraw from debit cards too (Cirrus, Maestro, Visa Electron etc.) where the logos are displayed. There are coins for 1 rupee, 2 rupees, 5 rupees and 10 rupees. Banknotes ranging from LKR 20 - 5000.
VISA and MASTERCARD are the most widely accepted. JCB and AMERICAN EXPRESS are also accepted in some outlets. Many hotels, commercial centers, shops and restaurants accept credit cards. Check with the cashier before making any purchases. Bear in mind that some places apply a surcharge for credit card purchases. Check the percentage charged before you pay.
Attractions & Leisure
Colombo, the vibrant capital city of Sri Lanka, is a treasure trove of attractions and leisure activities. Explore the historic charm of the city with visits to landmarks such as the stunning Gangaramaya Temple and the Old Dutch Hospital, which has been transformed into a lively shopping and dining precinct. Stroll along the iconic Galle Face Green, a waterfront promenade perfect for leisurely walks, and take in the stunning sunsets over the Indian Ocean.
For culture enthusiasts, the National Museum and the Independence Memorial Hall offer insights into Sri Lanka's rich heritage. Shoppers can explore the bustling markets of Pettah and Odel Shopping Mall for unique finds and souvenirs.
Colombo's dining scene is a culinary adventure, with a wide array of restaurants serving delectable Sri Lankan cuisine, as well as international dishes. Don't miss the opportunity to savor fresh seafood at seaside eateries.
Additionally, the city boasts a vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and casinos offering entertainment well into the night. Colombo is a city that seamlessly blends tradition with modernity, making it a dynamic and captivating destination for leisure and exploration.
Laptop: The participants are expected to bring their own funtional laptops and compatible extensions.Register Now!
Should you have additional questions about the DHIS2 Asia Pacific Conference 2023 in Sri Lanka, please contact the conference team at email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions apply to every person registering as a participant to a DHIS2 Academy.
Only fully completed registration forms will be considered. After reviewing each registration, the Conference Organisers will send a confirmation/information email. This email will include all the details related to the payment of the registration fees.
Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fees is received.
If the maximum capacity is reached, the Conference Organisers reserve the right to refuse additional registrations and to close the registration form.
Methods of Payment
Payments should be made in advance, before the Conference starts, by bank transfer or PayPal. Participants who made a late payment (from 3 days before the Conference starts) are invited to bring a copy of their payment slip to the registration desk the first day of the Conference.
All bank fees and money transfer costs must be covered by the transmitter. Any negative balance will be collected on site. Kindly indicate the Conference name and the participant’s full name as a reference on all bank transfers.
The Conference Organisers cannot guarantee that Conference collaterals will be available for late registrations. All materials will be distributed on-site.
Notice of cancellation (sickness, lack of funding or any other personal reasons) must be made in writing by email to the Conference Organisers. The date of the email will be the basis for considering refunds. Please indicate your bank details on your written cancellation. Refunds will be made after the conference.
Registration fees may be refunded as follows (depending on the Organisers' contracts with their vendors):
- Up to 4 weeks before the Conference: 100% refund
- From 4 weeks to 7 days before the Conference: 50% refund
- From 6 days to the Conference: no refund
The Conference Organisers reserve the right to reimburse the participant after deducting costs already incurred for the bank transfers.
No refunds will be granted for unforseen events or early termination of attendance, or any other incidents during the Conference, which are beyond the control of the Conference Organisers.
Cancellation of the Conference
In the event that the Conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the Conference organisers, the Conference organisers cannot be held liable by participants for any damages, costs such as transportation, accommodation, and other expenses incurred by the participants.
All expenses in relation to the Conference, the registration and the attendance are the sole responsibility of the participants.
Under these circumstances, the Conference Organisers reserve the right to reimburse the participant after deducting costs already incurred for the bank transfers
The registration fee does not include insurance. The Conference Organisers do NOT provide any form of insurance and do not take any responsibility for accidents or illnesses that might occur during the DHIS2 Conference and in the course of travel to or from the Conference place. Therefore, each participant is solely responsible for his/her safety, security and health.
Moreover, participants shall be aware of their health insurance policy and take appropriate measures to ensure their coverage for any hazards which might occur when attending the DHIS2 Conference.
Modification of the Programme and Venue Change
The Conference Organisers reserve the right to amend the Conference programme, including making changes to the speakers/facilitators appearing and/or subjects covered. No refunds can be granted in case of cancellation of speakers/facilitators, programme change or any other incidents during the Conference which are beyond the control of the Organisers.
The Conference Organisers reserve the right to move the Conference to a larger or smaller venue, if the level of participant registrations warrants.
The name badge must be worn at all times during the Conference. Access to the venue will not be granted without the DHIS2 Conference name badge.
Participants requiring an official invitation letter from the Conference Organisers can request one by email. Participants must first register to the Conference.
It is the sole responsibility of the participant to take care of his/her visa requirements. Participant who require an entry visa must allow sufficient time for the application procedure.
The Conference Organisers will collect and store datas for the preparation and execution of the Conference.
HISP-UiO performs monthly e-mailings (which include photographs/videos) and/or communications on social media regarding the DHIS2 Academy and Conference. If you do not wish to appear in the marketing visuals, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email contact details of participants will not be passed on to third parties. Participants may unsubscribe from these mailing campaigns at any time.
Limitation of Liability
The participant agrees to be responsible for all property he or she brings to the Conference venue.