About Digital DHIS2 Android Implementers Academy, Level 2
The new generation DHIS2 Android App integrates datasets, events and tracker data capture. It is fully functional while offline and comes with great features:
- Configurable feel and look,
- Easier login, enhanced data protection,
- Attractive and user-friendly navigation,
- Integrated search/registration for tracker,
- Improved tracker dashboard,
- Pictorial data entry for events and event completeness information.
We will explore all the new functionalities and key aspects for a successful configuration of DHIS2 server which guarantees the best user experience for the front-line worker.
Mobile implementation is a complex task and we also aims to share lessons learnt amongst DHIS2 Android implementations from experts and develops approaches which are applicable across different projects.
- DHIS2 Android app features
- DHIS2 configuration for a successful mobile user experience
- Plan, test, pilot and scale DHIS2 Android systems.
- Enterprise Mobility approaches (including mobile device management)
- Explore the roadmap and effectively engage the DHIS2 Android community
Invitation & Selection of the participants
We are inviting 2-3 people from each country to join these two events. DHIS2 experts from global and the region will share the latest features and development, best practices around the globe to help you to make your DHIS2 implementation a success in your country and/or across your organization.
The organisers will evaluate your application and the country quotas to get back to you as soon as possible.
The training will be very technical and specialized.
So please provide a good motivation in the form as the registration may be competitive.
Friday 20 November: Onboarding day
This Onboarding day will give you the opportunity to get introduced with the method of delivery, to virtually meet with other particippants located in the same region. You will also familiarise with the training tools, test your own equipment and meet with the facilitators' team. This first onboarding day is mandatory as part of the training.
You will receive the timing of this session nearer the time.
Benefits of the Digital DHIS2 Regional Academies.
- Free of charge
- Same curriculum as an onsite Academy
- Same facilitators than our usual onsite Academies
- Attending from the most convenient place to you, either from the office or from home.
- Get an official DHIS2 certificate
Commitments from our participants
We are insisting on the importance of participants’ and their managers’ commitments to ensure the attendance to all the sessions and activities.
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure his/her attendance to each session and to be able to complete the assignments exercices within the deadline.
- You will need a laptop with Internet connection. You will be given access to a remote server we will share on the initial day of the Academy.
- Please make sure you have an Android device (mobile phone, tablet or Chromebook) that complies with the minimal requirements as listed in the official guide: https://docs.dhis2.org/2.35/en/implementer/html/dhis2_android_implementation_guideline_full.html#mobile_specs
- In case you cannot get an Android device you could follow the Academy by using an emulator like Genymotion or BlueStacks although this option is not recommended it is better than not having a phone at all.
- Download the Training version of the App from Github (https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app/releases/tag/2.3) and install it on your phone.
Add to Calendar
DHIS2 experts from global will not only share the latest features and development, but also the best practices around the globe to help you make your DHIS2 implementation a success.
One of the objectives of DHIS 2 Academy is to emphasise experience and solution sharing among countries across the region and to promote networking and collaboration among DHIS 2 implementers in the region.
Marta VilaAndroid Product Manager
Marta has been working with DHIS2 for several years, she had a key role in promoting the growth and expansion of DHIS2 in Latin America and the adoption of DHIS2 in Médecins Sans Fontières (MSF) - Spain. Currently she is the Mobile Product Management at DHIS2 at the University of Oslo, where she also pursues PhD, focussing on the challenges of implementing Health Information System in Humanitarian organizations. She also collaborates with Médecins Sans Fontières (MSF) as DHIS2 Liason Officer.
Jaime Bosque TorrecillaDHIS2 Developer, University of Oslo
Jaime has been working with DHIS2 since 2018 providing support in a multilingual environment, developing tools to automate processes, documenting as well as planning, deploying and updating the software in a distributed implementation for MSF. Currently he is working for the University of Oslo (UiO) as a Mobile Implementer.
Víctor has worked in several DHIS2-related projects, including availability studies for implementation in Health Ministries and the adoption of DHIS2 in MSF Spain. Since 2018 he is the technical leader in the DHIS2 Android SDK.
He is part of the team working for the University of Oslo and has collaborated on projects related to Health Information Systems. He played a major role in the design of the DHIS2 Skeleton App, which will be used to train the participants in this Academy. He has been involved in the design and development of the DHIS2 SDK for Android since 2017.
We have waived the registration fees. Therefore, the Academy is free of charge.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to every person registering as a participant to a DHIS2 Academy.
Only fully completed registration forms will be considered. After reviewing each registration, the Academy Organisers will send a confirmation/information email.
Each Academy has a ceiling. If the maximum capacity is reached, the Academy Organisers reserve the right to refuse additional registrations and to close the registration form.
Modification of the Programme
The Academy Organisers reserve the right to amend the Academy programme, including making changes to the speakers/facilitators appearing and/or subjects covered.
The Academy Organisers will collect and store datas for the preparation and execution of the Academy.
HISP-UiO performs monthly e-mailings (which include photographs/videos) and/or communications on social media regarding the DHIS2 Academy. If you do not wish to appear in the marketing visuals, please send an email to email@example.com.
Email contact details of participants will not be passed on to third parties. Participants may unsubscribe from these mailing campaigns at any time.